Monday, April 30, 2007

Again? Yes - Again!

That's right!

Volunteering as an elections observer once wasn't enough - I'm going back for more!

For those of you new to my very intermittent postings, I started this blog so my friends and family could keep track of my travels in 2005 as a volunteer elections observer in Albania, which was followed by a visit to the Tour de France and a side trip to Turkey.

It was a fabulous experience, and I've been eager to go back on another mission with the OSCE. And, as luck would have it, I was offered an opportunity at just the right time - as my work with the Senate Democratic Caucus in Olympia was coming to an end and I was ready for a bit of a vacation.

So, get ready for another adventure!

But don't expect quite as much of an odyssey as my last mission - since the Senate Democratic Caucus made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and now I've got a job to come back to!

I'll be leaving for Yerevan, Armenia on in just six days - and I still don't have my itinerary, so I don't yet know where I'll be laying over on my way back - if at all (though I am crossing my fingers for a chance to see another great European bicycle race).

More to come!

No comments: