Saturday, July 09, 2005

Gee - They sure talk funny here...

I miss Vienna...
 
I miss Baden Baden...
 
I miss knowing what the hell people are saying...
 
In case you haven't figured it out yet - I'm in France!
 
Funny thing is, I hardly remember getting here.  I got on a train, and before I knew it I couldn't understand a single thing anyone was saying...
 
Did I cross a border somewhere? 
 
Going into California from a neighboring state, they make you stop to check if you're bringing in fresh fruit...
 
But here - somewhere along the line - my train crossed the Rhine and...
 
Nothing Happened!
 
No Passport check...
 
No x-ray machines...
 
No taking off the shoes looking of a bomb...
 
No need to chance money, because the Deutsch Mark and French Franc are extinct - replaced by the Euro...
 
I actually feel like a fool for marking off a day on my EurailPass because - I swear to God - I did't even have to show a ticket on a two train journey from Baden Baden to Strassbourg to Mulhouse...
 
Europe Rocks - except for this annoying language thing, and that's just the French insisting on ignoring letters that are there and mispronouncing half of the ones that are left...
 
I'm staying in my first real hotel since leaving home two weeks ago, and it's just a few blocks from tomorrow's Stage finish, where I'll have my best chance to show the Old Town Bicycle team colors on OLN - I'll be the guy standing behind Bob Roll making the hand gestures...
 
More Later...
 
SPB
 

No comments: