Sunday, July 24, 2005

Tour de Lance


This is going to be quick - I finally found a French internet cafe that's open on a Sunday, but my connection keeps timing out...

Yesterday I saw Lance do what he does best - crush his competition in the Race of Truth, the individual time trial. Of course having a main rival suffer from horrible luck by continually falling off of his bike and getting flat tires helps, but even without the intervening hand of Fate stepping in, Armstrong clobbered the competition.

It's a rainy Sunday morning in Paris, and I'm about to go scout out my location near the Arc de Triumph for today's historic finale...

When I have a better connection I'll tell you all what it was like to spend the night in a four-bed dorm room with three German-speaking Chinesse tourist from Austria...

Trust me - the world is a much smaller place than most of us imagine...

SPB

No comments: